If you can’t find the answer to your question below, please call us on 03 9857 5001. We’d be happy to help.
If you no longer want to receive messages from us, simply email us via firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
Velissaris Photography are serious about protecting your privacy. In handling your personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act (as amended). This policy sets out how Velissaris Photography collects, stores, uses, discloses and otherwise handles your personal information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What personal information does Velissaris Photography collect and why?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its services and/or products, Velissaris Photography may collect your personal information. Generally, the kinds of personal information Velissaris Photography collects are:
- Contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone/mobile numbers and email address;
- Credit card and other banking information for the purpose of facilitating payment to Velissaris Photography for services and/or products provided;
- Images of you contained in photographic materials; and
- Other information such as information about your hobbies or interests to personalise your photography session;
- In some circumstances Velissaris Photography may also hold other personal information provided by you.
How does Velissaris Photography collect personal information?
Generally, Velissaris Photography collects your personal information directly from you, through:
- The completion of a manual or online form, such as an application form on Velissaris Photography’ website;
- An interaction or exchange in person, such as through a face-to-face meeting, or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Velissaris Photography website; and/or
- When you enter a Velissaris Photography competition.
There may be occasions when Velissaris Photography collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- Third parties with which Velissaris Photography does business;
- An information services provider;
- A publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites.
Generally, Velissaris Photography will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Why does Velissaris Photography need your personal information?
Velissaris Photography collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- Providing to you personalised photography services and photography products, including processing your orders or applications and dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
- Issuing to you your Velissaris Photography Experience Voucher;
- Accounting, billing and other internal administrative and business management purposes; and carrying out market and product analysis.
Velissaris Photography may also use your personal information, including your image, quotes or other information for inclusion with our marketing materials, where you have consented to such use.
Also, Velissaris Photography may use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Velissaris Photography to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, Velissaris Photography takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Velissaris Photography. However, without certain information from you, Velissaris Photography may not be able to provide its services and/or products to you.
Velissaris Photography may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of services and/or products that may be of interest to you from Velissaris Photography or selected third parties. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Velissaris Photography on 03 9857 5001 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
To whom does Velissaris Photography disclose your personal information?
Velissaris Photography discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Velissaris Photography collects it, as set out above. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- Third parties engaged to perform administrative or other services on behalf of Velissaris Photography;
- People or entities considering acquiring an interest in Velissaris Photography’ enterprise or assets or otherwise working with Velissaris Photography to facilitate the provision of its services and/or products;
- Velissaris Photography’s professional advisors, contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate.
Disclosures to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law. Velissaris Photography may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Security of your Personal Information
Velissaris Photography takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Velissaris Photography holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Velissaris Photography will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Velissaris Photography is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
How to access and correct your personal information
Velissaris Photography takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Velissaris Photography. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Velissaris Photography holds about you, or you would like more information on Velissaris Photography’ approach to privacy, please contact Velissaris Photography on 03 9857 5001
Velissaris Photography will grant access to your personal information to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate. To obtain access to your personal information:
- You will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Velissaris Photography requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require;
- Velissaris Photography may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Velissaris Photography, for providing access in accordance with your request.
Please direct all privacy complaints to Velissaris Photography’ Privacy Compliance Officer on 03 9857 5001
At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Velissaris Photography.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.